Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Loving Kindness & Mental Workout

Hello Everyone,
I really enjoyed the exercise and I definitely think it was beneficial.  When I started the exercise and began listening to the voice on the track I went into a state of relaxation.  As I continued to listen the words and voice become soother and began to go into some kind of trance because of the words that were spoken and the background music.  This exercise was amazing because after I finished the exercise I felt as if I went out of the exercise in a happier feeling.  I definitely recommend this exercise to other individuals because it sooths the mind when completing the exercise.  I also felt has if I was looser and in a better mood after completing the exercise.  I felt as if my muscles were made of jello because the tightness was gone.  I also believe that this exercise will bring about an overall wellness because an individual will be able to experience positive emotions after the exercise. 

Mental Workout is used to decrease troubling emotions that cause annoyance, hatred, panic, concern, uncertainty and doubt.  The benefits of this concept are constructive emotions such as endurance, loving-kindness, honesty, acceptance, and contentment.  It also provides improved resistance to mental suffering and physical disease and promotes well-being.  One of the exercises that I can input into my life for better psychological health is "The Subtle Mind."  This practice diminishes the constant mental movements of feelings, manner, and images.  If I practice this frequently, I will extend a witnessing awareness that subsequently progress toward the mind of clam-abiding.  An exercise that I could use for this is meditation, where I am in a quiet room with my eyes closed.  While this occurs I have a blank mind so that I can relax and feel calm.  This exercise will allow me to let go of life and just feel the relaxation that takes over.

7 comments:

  1. Hi I really enjoyed reading your blog. After I finally got the chance to do the exercise I found it to be amazing. I literally felt like I was in a trance as well. I sware at the end it was as if I fell asleep but I really wasn't and when the voice said to open your eyes I opened them and I felt amazing. God I needed that. ;)
    Could you explain the mental workout to me? It sounds quite interesting. I agree that using the Subtle Mind would be good to use daily. I also think that the meditation would be nice and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the relaxation exercise as well. I felt renewed energy and improved emotional outlook. I was ill when I participated in the exercise, and upon completion I felt as if I'd just woken up from an uplifting nap! I immediately was able to perform some job duties without feeling tired or dizzy. I'm looking forward to enjoying the relaxation exercise again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Charles:

    Still to date, I am unable to find a quiet time with all of the chaos and craziness, so until I find that time and quiet place, I will not be able to complete this relaxation exercise that you are all talking about..I am kind of bummed beacause it soundls like it would be something that may be beneficial to me, even though I feel really rejuvenated after getting rid of so many possessions and organizing the ones that I am keeping. So for now that is going to have to do, until there is some peace and quiet to enjoy the relaxation.

    Thanks,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charles,

    Glad your experience was positive and beneficial. I had a bit of a stuggle initially; I don't know about the soothing part as I found the voices to be irritating and annoying. However, I have to agree with feeling calm afterward and being in a better mood. For me, this was pretty much like a workout...lots of effort but rewarding results.

    Thanks for sharing your experience!

    Allana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles,
    I am glad you found the voice soothing for the mental workout, I found them to be a bit intrusive. Each time I would get totally relaxed with the sound of the waves to the point were the voice was a shock and I would jump. I have to agree however, after refocusing I found the subtle mind exercise beneficial. I will try it again.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Deborah-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charles,
    Thank you for your response. To answer your question. I find it more relaxing and focusing for me when I do simple meditation. I focus in on whatever problem, situation or area in life that I need clarity on, and of course I pray about it also. I often receive the answer I am seeking this way.
    Thanks for asking.
    Deb-

    ReplyDelete