Thursday, February 17, 2011

Final Blog-Unit 10

Hello Everyone,

When I entered this class I definitely did not see myself has an overall healthy person especially after learning the information that I learned in this class.  The scores that I gave myself during the Unit 3 personal assessment included giving myself a 7 out of 10 on physical wellness, 7 out of 10 in spiritual wellness, and 6 out of 10 in mental wellness.  But since learning some of the exercises during this course I would definitely rate myself a little higher now.  I would keep my score in the physical wellness category because I still need a little work on setting up a routine to workout.  When it comes to spiritual wellness I would rate myself 8 out of 10.  I have begun praying a little more and taking more time to relax and just be in the presence of God.  When it comes to mental wellness, I would rate myself 7 out of 10.  I gave myself this score because I have made improvements by mediating and yoga but I still need to do it on a routine basis.  I need to have a schedule so I do not forget to do these exercises.  I definitely believe because of this course I have gotten closer to overall wellness but I still have work to do and I will need to be committed in order to achieve my goal. 

I definitely believe I have achieved some of the goals that I have sent for myself but I know I still have a long way to go.  Since implementing my goals I have begun to meditation more and begun in different meditations so that I have a variety of exercises.  I have also implemented different prayers throughout the week such as revising scripture over and over so that I can understand they concept of each verse.  I believe that I am on my way to achieving my goal but I still have work to do and I believe that I will be able to accomplish my goals through scheduling, planning, and even a buddy system.

The activities that I have implemented into my schedule includes yoga.  Since joining this class during the week, I have become more relaxed and calm after completing the class.  This exercise has given me the ability to get closer to physical and mental wellness.  This class has helped me clear my mind and become more aware of my surroundings.  I believe that because of this exercise I have been able to push out distractions that occur in mind and focus on the task at hand.

I definitely have enjoyed this class.  The exercises that I have done throughout the course has helped me relieve stress and I have been able to enjoy life a bit more because of the information that i learned.  The resources that I learned throughout this course will help me assist others when they want to make a change in their life.  I will be able to pass on the resources and information that I have learned to assist them in visualization, meditation, relaxation, and etc.  Without this course I would have never made a change in my life and I would not be on a path to obtain overall health and wellness.

2 comments:

  1. Charles,

    I have to agree with you completely about this class being one that opened my eyes to what can be acheived. I too would not have known or been aware of such exercise techniques if it were not for this class. The struggle with physical wellness is an ongoing one for some of us, but it sounds like you have a handle on the situation. You have a strategy also for increasing your spiritual well-being. All-in-all it seems you have completely benefited from this class and on your way to a successful future. I wish you happiness, wellness and spiritual enrichment in all you do.
    Deb-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello charles, I did the same thing about rating myself i too feel i would have rated myself differently if i had taken this class first. It was nice to meet you and im glad that you have started on a path to a healthier you.

    ReplyDelete