Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meeting Asciepius Exercise

Hello,

I really enjoyed this week's exercise.  The thing that I liked most about the exercise was the fact that I could picture someone close to me.  I decided to visualize my grandmother because she was one of my favorite individuals to be around and every since she has passed I miss her greatly.  This exercise allowed me to see her through my mind and allowed me to communicate with her on an higher level even through see is no longer with me.  This exercise allows an individual to become closer with that person that is closest to your heart and shows individuals why they are so important to them.  I also enjoyed the exercise because it allows me to find the importance of that person whether it be their voice, characteristics, or etc.  I definitely recommend this exercise to everyone that maybe missing someone or just to be closer to the person that is important to them. 

Meditation has definitely been fostered into my psychological wellness.  I believe since I have begun meditation I have seen an increase in my awareness and my surroundings.  When I first started this practice, I had a hard time concentrating and would find myself very distracted during meditation.  But over the weeks I have began to focus and I have seen a major improvement.  Mediation allows me to relax and just and a sense of calmness before, during, and after each practice.  The ways that I will continue these practices will be allowing myself during a certain time of day to just meditate.  I believe that if I do that in the mornings I have a better aspect about myself during the day.  I am also less stressed and definitely more relaxed throughout the day.

The saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" definitely means that in order for an individual to experience something they need to experience that for themselves before criticizing another individual.  So if an individual is obese, no other individual should criticize them because they do not know what the situation is.  It come be genetics or they may have gone through a difficult situation.  It is that individuals concern and others should help and not criticize.  I definitely have an obligation to develop my psychological, physical, and spiritual health.  I want to be able to set an example for my clients and in order to do that I need to have overall health not just physical health as a personal trainer.  I want to be a role model for these individuals and I want them to train their mind that eating health and having faith is just as important as being physically fit.  The ways that I can implement psychological and spiritual growth in my life is by first getting closer to God.  I think that I need to pray more often then I do and I need to put my trust in him.  I can obtain psychological growth by mediating on an everyday basis.  If I am able to do this I will be less stress and I will have a happier life because I am aware of all my situations and no that positive mindsets are definitely better than negative mindsets.

7 comments:

  1. I really liked how you explained the being in another person shoes.
    Sometimes it can be difficult not to judge but it is the better person who doesn't.
    I am glad the meditation is work g for you I used the meditation to help me focus better these past weeks and it helped alot. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charles,

    What a great and inspiring blog for this week. I have to totally agree with you in regards to the exercise of meeting Aesclepius being a great exercise for individuals who wants to remember someone of an importance. To me this exercise was very emotional. I loved it and I believe the exercise opens individual's eyes so they can realize the wonderful people in their lives and learn to appreciate it. I think this exercise is like an eye opener letting indivdiual's to think now and do better before it is too late, so you have no regrets. Because once that individual is gone, you can never go back. Great job and thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charles,

    Great post! Your last statement is profound and quite true; being aware of and remaining in the present and having a positive attitude are great tools for combating stress, which enhances all aspects of our health. Well said!

    Likewise, this exercise was a remarkable experience for me; it was also quite emotional as I envisioned someone who was (and still is)very special to me even though I only knew her for a short time. You somehow realize that the people you meet who make a positive impact in your life are the angels God sends to lighten your burdens. I still miss my wonderful friend but am comforted knowing that she is with me always.

    It is great that you have found meditation to be a benefit for fostering psychological well-being. I agree; it can be difficult trying to embrace stillness and not be distracted as the mind wanders. But as you mentioned, it takes practice before you notice an improvement; best of all, it is worth our investment.

    I believe your passion for health will take places in the future. You are doing what it takes to stay the course as you nurture your psychological and spiritual growth. Best of luck with your journey; you will make an excellent personal trainer!

    Be well!

    Allana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi charles i really enjoyed your post on how you concentrated on your grandmother. It is an excelent suggestion to somone who is missing there loved ones to deal with the pain of missing them. Great insight on this. I chose my father who is no longer with us it was very peaceful and able to commune with him again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is better to lead someone if you have been in the same situation. If you have never been obese or overweight, then it would be hard to associate with person you are trying to help in losing weight. I really enjoyed how you used your grandmother for the exercise. I personally used my dad who passed away 25 years ago. But it sometimes feels like yesterday.

    Anyway, Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles,

    You have done an excellent job with this week’s blog. I really like how you point out the importance of remaining in the present and not focusing too much on the past. This goes the same for negativity; we need to focus on the positive things in life as negativity only brings us down. I also enjoyed you take on the phrase "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself". As a massage therapist I could never give my client homework that I have not done myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Charles,
    You brought a really great perspective into the phrase "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself." I had never thought of the saying in that way before. It really is a terrible thing when someone unjustly judges someone, like you said they know nothing about their particular circumstances. It has always been an unfortunate problem throughout history, that people are too quick to judge.

    ReplyDelete